Dr. Kesavan Rajasekharan Nayar
Social Determinants of health; Research Methodology; Environmental Health
Dr. Kesavan Rajasekharan Nayar
Professor and Head
Global Institute of Public Health, Ananthapuri Hospitals,
Trivandrum 695 024, Kerala, India
Tel: +91 - 471 - 257 99 00
Fax: +91 - 471 - 250 69 69
Mob: +91- 9633 371 014
- Public Health and the Poverty of Reforms: The South Asian Predicament. New Delhi: Sage. (Co-editor, 2001)
- Ecology and Health: A Systems Approach. New Delhi: APH Publishing Corporation, 1998.
Journal Papers and Monographs
- Universalizing Health care in India: The techno-managerial fix. Indian Journal of Public Health 57 (4); 2013, pp. 76-81.
- NaoremArunibala Devi and Nayar KR. Questioning Women’s Labour: Women in Manipur, In Sarbjeet Singh and PankajDodh (eds.). Gender Justice and Women Empowerment: An Integrated Approach. 2013. New Delhi: Regal Publications. pp. 326-347
- Intersectoral Approach and health in All (HiA) Policies in South East Asia Region. WHO SEARO Regional paper, April 09, 2013
- Chowdhury, SR and Nayar KR (2013). Multidimensional approach to child survival needed. The Lancet, 381 (9864), p.374.
- Broom, A., Sibbritt, D., Nayar, K.R, Nilan, P. & Kirby, E. What factors predict exposure to caste, political and religious violence in India? A cross-sectional survey of 1000 Indian men. Asian Social ScienceVol. 9, No. 1, 2013, pp. 1-8.
- Ina Goel and Nayar K.R. Trajectories of the Transgender • Need to Move from Sex to Sexuality. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol - XLVII No. 47-48, December 01, 2012.
- Three decades of ICSSR-ICMR Committee Report & the re-assertion of social determinants of health. IndianJournal of Medical Research, 136, October 2012, pp 540-543
- Men’s Experiences of Family, Domestic and Honour-Related Violence in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh, India. Asian Social Science 8 (6), 2012, pp. 3-10. (with Alex Broom, David Sibbritt, AssaDoron and Pamela Nilan).
- India's country experience in addressing social exclusion in Maternal and Child Health, Countrycase study No.8. 2011, WHO. CSDH
- Of silver bullets and red herrings: Commentary. Tropical Medicine and International Health 16 (6), 2011, pp.669-71(with O. Razum, and J. Schaaber)
- Gaps in Goals: The history of Goal-setting in health care in India. Oman Medical Journal 26 (1), 2011, pp.1-3.
- The use of traditional, complementary and alternative medicine in Sri Lankan cancer care: Results from a survey of 500 cancer patients. Public Health124 (4), 2010, pp. 232-237 (With A. Broom, K. Wijewardena , D. Sibbritt, J. Adams).
- Indian Cancer Patients’ use of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (TCAM) and delays in presentation to Hospital. Oman Medical Journal 24 (2), 2009, pp.103-107 (With Alex Broom, Philip Tovey, RashmiShirali, Rakesh Thakur, Tulika Seth, PremChhetri)
- Commission on Social Determinants in Health: A piece meal move? (Editorial). Indian J Med Res 129, February 2009, pp 117-119 (With SonaliSahniKapoor)
- Masculinities and violence in India and Indonesia: Identifying themes and constructs for research.J of Health and Development, Vol.4 (1-4), 2008, pp. 209-228. (with Pam Nilan, Alex Broom, ArgyoDemartoto, AssaDoron, John Jermov)
- Social exclusion, caste and health; A review based on the social determinants framework.Indian J Med Res 126, October 2007, pp 355-363
Professor, 2004 to 2013 Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Associate Professor 1997-2004 Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Assistant Professor 1985-1997 Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Research Officer 1983-1985 Indian Council of Medical Research